Multiple Causes can be Responsible for Sage Error: “Cannot open the company file. A required data file is missing”:
This error is caused by more than one reason. Below is the list of many causes that have been identified:
- The latest Sage 50 20xx version is not installed
- It can cause due to lost server connection
- Company data has been moved to a new computer
- The icon file (.SAI) and the data folder (.SAJ) don’t have matching names
- Multi-user not created or used
- The icon file (.SAI) or the data folder (.SAJ) is missing
- The company file is already opened by another Sage 50 program or another process or program on the computer
- The company file (SAI file and SAJ folder) are saved inside a SAJ folder which confuses Sage 50 when restoring the backup
- Some of the files or folders in the SAJ folder are hidden
- The backup may not have been done properly
- The data file has a pound sign (#) or weird character in the file name
- Some of the files or folders in the SAJ folder have restricted rights for the Windows user
Prerequisites Points need to Consider:
- The first thing is the latest version of the Sage 50 application should be installed before trying this troubleshooting.
- Make sure that the data file location is not being synced to One Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, or any other cloud file services.
- If the data should reside on C:\, move the data to the C:\Sage 50 Data or create a new folder if it does not exist
- If this problem occurs every time you share a file on Sage Drive, you should run a malware/spyware scan. It is also advised that you install a subscription antivirus and antispyware suite.
- Make sure there are no # signs or unusual characters in the file name.
- Do not use Windows Explorer to access the backup. Using the restore wizard, restore the backup.
- If the SAI file and SAJ folder are missing after doing the 2020.1 updates, you may need to find a recent backup in Windows Explorer.
For more details Share your questions, issues, or feedback with us.
You can also report a problem (Sage-related errors) or your suggestions & ideas related to SAGE. We have a dedicated team of sage experts. We are here to help you. You can connect with us at 8554815335/ +15164404758//1-888-829-8589
To know more about Sage 50 Cannot Open The Database.Click the Below Link:https://www.accountspro.co/blog/sage-database-engine-reported-an-error