Thank you for contacting the QuickBooks Community. If you use Assisted Payroll, please contact our Payroll Specialist to get it activated.
Simply pick QuickBooks Desktop Help from the Help menu
Set up the deferred payroll item by following these steps:
- Set up the deferred payroll item by following these steps:
- Select New Payroll Item from the Employees menu, then Manage Payroll Items.
- Choose Custom Setup and then Next.
- Select Other Tax from the Payroll item type box, then Next.
- Select CARES Co. Soc. Sec. Deferral from the Other tax box, then Next.
- Enter CARES Co. Sec. Sec. Deferral in the text field of the Name used in paychecks and payroll report window, then choose Next.
- Select the agency you pay taxes to from the dropdown in the Agency for company-paid liabilities window, then Payroll Liabilities in the Liability account dropdown, Payroll Expenses in the Expense account dropdown, and Next.
- Select taxable compensation from the Compensation pane.
To know more information on the cares act payroll tax deferral
Click on the given below link: