In QuickBooks Desktop, How to Enter Cash Receipts?
I just started QuickBooks in February with no training just you tube, but our bookkeeper transferred everything over. But she did not have a petty cash fund so I started doing how she was doing it but I would not balance because of the cash receipts I entered. so just trying to figure it out. Desktop Premier 2020
In QuickBooks Desktop, how to Enter Cash Receipts
Entering a cash receipt in QuickBooks desktop is simple and straightforward if you follow the steps below:
- Select Create Invoices from the Customers menu.
- Choose or add a customer.
- Fill up the blanks with pertinent information. You can also specify the transaction’s terms.
- Select Cash Account when choosing an account to which the transaction belongs.
- Select Save.
QuickBooks has now added your cash receipt on the desktop. If you produced an invoice for the transaction, however, you must label it as paid.
Follow the steps outlined below to do so:
- Select Customers from the drop-down menu.
- Choose Invoices from the drop-down menu.
- Click Mark as Paid on the invoice that corresponds to the cash receipt.
If you don’t designate a transaction as paid, you’ll run into problems while preparing reports or reconciling statements in QuickBooks.
To know more about The method to set up the Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) in QuickBooks
Click the Below Link: